Monday, October 11, 2010

$2.50+2.5%= ripped off.

So, there I was totally thinking I was completely failing maths this year. But oh the the joy of finding out I am not alone today! *Said with ridiculous amount of sarcasm*.
The story begins last week when the government puts up GST to 15%. But my cheapskate mother refuses to raise my pocket money to suit, instead handing me over the good old "Get a job" lecture. Now, hoping for no death threats or dismemberment I shall tell you that this mother who is a spawn of Satan was responsible for introducing this GST rise.
Anyway,
My maths seemed brilliant today when I discovered that the cattle truck of a bus I catch had raised their prices from $1 to $1.50. Thanks Valley Flyer. 2.5% should really make the fare $1.025, but nooooooooooo, then the tuckshop for my 'mince pie' that consisted of roadkill in between a 'pastry' of soggy cardboard charged me $3.00. Now, I never buy pies so I don't know the old price so I'll just assume that I'm getting ripped off. Then, with my already empty wallet a few grams lighter I roll up to the true saints of overcharging at the dairy across the road to buy myself the true orgasm on a stick called a Memphis Meltdown. Where I discover that thanks to the pricks at Valley Flyer I am now 20 cents short and have to settle for a popsicle. I think I just might be buying a freaking calculator for everyone this Christmas.
Thanks mum. *again said with ridiculous amount of sarcasm.*

No comments:

Post a Comment