Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'll miss you :'(

It may come as a surprise to some of you to find out that I am a musician (what could give that away), which is what brings about this message of great sorrow.

R.I.P. Real Groovy.
Yes, that bright orange store on Cuba Street is closing down. A music lover's utopia. A place of magicness (and probably a lot of drugs) with the greatest range of music available anywhere. The ultimate conformity of the non-conformist population of Wellington (trust me, there's a lot of them-the kind of people who rock up there on their unicycles to buy their selection of alternative music to do acid to). A place I loved because it's the only place with such a range of metal albums, a place where I'd go in and the dude would just be like "dude if you like this band you should check these guys out (whips out awesome band)" a place where you'd go in for a flick through and end up staying there for two hours talking to somebody about music etc. etc.- You sure don't get that at the warehouse.
So real groovy you will be sorely missed. The only place I have a real sense of belonging now is the rockshop.
(greatest memory is when the guy behind the counter pointed out magic mushrooms on the $50 note. Seriously, have a look. It's on the bird side. (I don't actually know what musshies look like so I'm just gonna take his word for it)).

Although on the upside....Closing down sale. SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment